Company Location: Zurich, Switzerland
For my client, an extremely successful Silicon Valley, that has recently started its expansion in Europe, we are currently looking for a Key Account / Area Sales Manager based in Zurich.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key Account / Area Sales manager reports to the Sales Director, Switzerland and will be responsible for strategy and sales in national and regional key accounts across one specific channel. He/she will achieve sales and marketing objectives in terms of revenue and profitability through effective and continuous management of national account clients. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for managing a dedicated specialist field sales force across Switzerland.
Key account channel development (for the assigned channel)
- Creation and integration of national account strategy to the sales strategy
- Strategic plans development and monitoring
- Trade Incentive programs implementations and control over discounts and bonuses for key accounts
Business planning and budget
- Sales plans, sales volumes analysis and promo budget for national account channel preparation
- Regularly reports according to the requirements of sales director presentation
- Taking part in country business plan preparations and strategic decision making
- Key account activities budget and controls budget realization planning
Products and brands awareness
- Providing national accounts clients with information about Juul products and its characteristics
- Drive brand awareness
Field Force Management
- Lead, manage and develop the internal specialist sales team, sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes, as well as field force training schemes.
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by the management and development of the sales team, achievement of distribution and range, volume and sales growth, category partnerships, efficient resourcing, ROI, share of mind/voice of the trade and in-store execution
- To manage the effective deployment, resourcing and implementation of merchandising agreements, trade incentive schemes, training programmes and in-store brand ambassador programmes (in collaboration with the Head of Ambassadors) across relevant trade channels
- Leveraging consumer, shopper and store level data, develop an effective and efficient coverage strategy that drives ROI
- Hiring, training and development of the internal specialist sales teams including market visits and sales team meetings
- Develop and maintain long term mutually beneficial relationships with all relevant contacts
- Deliver agreed sales targets within budget
- Review and implement trading terms which support the company strategy
- Update and maintain customer account plans and sales reporting
Skills and knowledge
- Customer management,
- Commercially astute and able to drive business performance,
- Strong track record of achieving sales and profit targets,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills essential, ability to adapt to a range of audiences,
- Strong sales, presentation and negotiation skills,
- Highly developed analytical skills (knowledge of MS Office, Google apps),
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills,
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanisms and tools to support sales,
- Financial understanding and outstanding commercial acumen,
- Good organization of work,
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time,
- Creativity and innovation in building solutions,
- Resistance to stress and ability to work in a team,
- Written and spoken fluency in English, German and French.
- Ability for frequent traveling
Education and experience
- Higher education, Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or Marketing
- Strong experience in the sales department at FMCG on Key Account / Area Sales Manager position (Minimum 3-5 years) in the Swiss market
- Senior level experience in FMCG companies
- Experience in the vape / tobacco industry a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- A place to grow personally and professionally. We set big goals and exceed them.
- A dynamic, international, committed and supportive team.
- An attractive share of our success through equity and performance bonuses; package includes market relevant benefits, such as pension plan, accidental and life insurances, health care allowance, short term disability/ sickness benefits.
Interested? Please get in touch with Mirko Tagliabue via email: email@example.com
Stay up to date by following our page on Linkedin and Facebook