Company Location: Ticino, Switzerland
For my client, which recently acquired the exclusivity for the European distribution of an American fashion brand, we are currently searching for a:
Merchandiser/ Buyer Shoes & Handbags (m/f) 100%
As part of the Brand’s Corporate office, you will have a sixth sense for what is new on the market, and for what the customers in different geographical locations would prefer and sell well.
TASKS FOR THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Collaborate and work closely with the Company’s Domestic Merchandisers in order to identify quarterly and seasonal assortment selections.
- Develop assortment plans tailored to the European market by driving sales to ensure appropriate depth is achieved
- Effectively achieve company sales plans by consistently reviewing and editing product assortments
- Review assortment sell thru, pricing opportunities
- Work on the alignment of frontline’s markdown and promo cadences and modify/adapt as appropriate for international locations
- Initiate quarterly buys for all new styles, re-buys for core carry over styles.
- Identify, develop, and manage an assortment of new and core product ownership
- Analyze product history and trends, strategize and react, based on the findings from company generated reports to drive sales.
- Provide guidance and vision to the allocations team that reflects the desired assortments in all store types.
- Create assortment plans and participate in all assortment meetings
- Understand local market holidays and their merchandising implications and product depth during these peak periods
- Partner with Planning to ensure appropriate product distribution to maximise sales goals for international business
- Pricing & Product Lifecycle Management
- Assist in identifying business opportunities and risks in-season through analysing sales performance and gathering marketplace performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business or Fashion
- +3 years of general merchandising experience, Buying and Brand Building
- Strong ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators such as sales, inventory productivity, and sellthrough.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Fluent in English, Italian, any other languages would be an advantage
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel for reporting and analysis
- Broad-based business acumen
- Willing to travel across Europe
Interested? Please get in touch with Mirko Tagliabue via email: email@example.com