Company Location: Zweibrücken
Our client is a real estate fund created in 2014 with the mission to acquire existing shopping centres across Europe and enhance their performance so as to provide strong investment returns for its stakeholders. For their growing German team we are currently looking for a Tourism Sales Manager reporting directly to the Marketing Director
A Tourism Sales Manager to ensure the coordination, planning, and execution of the Tourism strategy and to position the Zweibrücken Fashion Outlet as a Destination for tourists. To be done by driving high spending and domestic, European, and non-European tourism footfall thereby ensuring increased footfall and reputation throughout the year is achieved for the outlet. Working to and in support of the Senior Marketing Manager and the Tourism Director.
He/She must have solid international sales experience with contacts with DMCs in Germany, key travel agents and tour operators in the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. Understanding of retail tourism.
Ensure elevation of the Outlet’s exposure, participation, and business leverage amongst the Travel Industry through:
- Working to identify and target key source markets for the outlet, both EU and non-EU, to target travel, including FIT leisure, business, group, and MICE.
- Defining the outlet tourism/travel trade strategy, tourism execution plan, and the
- tourism marketing budget for the outlet.
- Overseeing the implementation of the tourism plan and achievement of tourism footfall objectives.
- Developing a tourism media plan and advertising strategy
- Coordinating the effective running of the Tourist Information Centre for tourism activities.
- Maximizing cross selling opportunity from the outbound business from the local prescribers to other Outlets.
Maximizing tourism by building and maintaining crucial relationships:
- Developing a strategy for key business subscribers and industry players at a local level to maximize domestic tourism to the outlet: Tour Operators and Travel Agencies, Travel
- Trade partners, Hospitality partners, etc.
- Maintaining close strategies with local, regional and national tourist and promotion entities.
- Supporting and developing relationships with chambers of commerce.
- Attending Travel Trade industry events to market the Outlet in line with market strategies.
- Reaching out to Expatriate communities.
Providing content and information sharing across all departments by:
- Communicating the Tourism strategy and activities to other departments
- Providing a monthly updated client/partner pipeline and implementing plans for new client/partners and future activities.
- Updating the Tourism section of the outlet website on an ongoing basis to feature partners.
- Providing the local Marketing Team with a selection of Tour Operator packages for inclusion on consumer promotions (media, advertising, and PR), providing an appropriate booking call to action from the Travel Trade.
- Developing Travel Trade specific outlet sales tools such as Fact Sheets, VIP invitations, and other trade show materials following templates.
- Monitoring the Travel Trade market and trends and providing a bi-annual overviews of Tourism trends on a local, regional and national level.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
- A minimum 10 years’ senior travel industry experience/management
- A deep knowledge of the MICE market & how shopping fits with other products
- Extensive knowledge and contacts of the travel industry, both national and international
- Experience with targeting inbound and outbound Tour Operators and travel agencies
- International and European experience mandatory, with extensive knowledge of German market
- Good knowledge of regional and national tourism activities and resorts
- Experience in the Tourism/Hospitality Premium Brand Segment
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Fluent in German and English. Chinese and French are a plus. Any other language is advantageous
Interested? Please get in touch with Mirko Tagliabue via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date by following our page on Linkedin and Facebook