Company Location: Switzerland
Headquartered in Suisse Romandie, my client is an International Sporting Manufacturer.
We are looking for a Senior Materials and Fabrics Manager.
You will be the group responsible for all fabric & material related tasks. You have to build and lead the fabric team and work across the different brands and categories inside our organization. In close collaboration with product managers, designers and product developers you are responsible to research, develop, approve and specify fabrics that meet company and market needs. You lead the process for seasonal fabric planning and booking from proto sample to bulk production.
- Responsible for all fabric & material related tasks in the Scott group
- Built and lead the fabric team across our organization
- Responsible for seasonal fabric planning/booking/order tasks from proto sample to bulk production
- Define, develop and maintain long-term supplier relationships, built on performance, trust and integrity
- Be a part of the CSR team
- Create and maintain a fabric management system (fabric database) across the softgoods division
- Attendance at major fabric fairs to research and identify new fabric trends and innovations
- Build a fabric library for designers, product line managers, garment developers
- Work closely with our international offices
- Ensure that all fabrics/materials are tested and adhere to quality standards
- Ensure to reduce leftover fabric based on fabric sharing and fabric management system
- Manage of material quality issue and provide feedback on supplier performance.
- Degree in Textile/Garment Engineering or at least 10 years’ experience in fabric/material development, fabric/material testing, fabric/material sourcing
- In-depth knowledge in performance textiles
- Proven experience traveling to and working in mills and factories worldwide in an independent and self-motivated manner
- Fluent business English & very good knowledge of German or French with an extensive technical vocabulary
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills, strong problem solving skills and a leader ship personality
- Experienced on working with a PDM system, good skills in Microsoft-Office & Adobe Illustrator
- Readiness to travel
Interested? Please get in touch with Mirko Tagliabue via email: email@example.com
Stay up to date by following our page on Linkedin and Facebook